Sunday, March 29, 2009

Veggie Egg Rolls


I've been sick for the past week so I tried to make up for it today. I got this idea from the weight watchers cook book but changed it up quite a bit because I hate peppers and didn't have been sprouts:

2 medium carrots, shredded
approx. 3/4cup grated broccoli stem (you know what I mean?)
water chestnuts
mushrooms
2 garlic cloves finely chopped

1tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1tsp brown sugar
1tbsp cornstarch
sprinkle of dried crushed chili peppers

16 wonton wrappers (3" x 3")

So you saute all the veggies together to start. Mix up the sauce in a separate container and add it to the veggies. Mix for another few minutes and take it off the heat. Put a spoonful of filling onto the bottom third of your wonton wrapper. Fold both sides into the center. Roll the wrapper up and place seam down on a non-stick cookie sheet. Cook for about 10 minutes at 350.

**These can also just be folded from corner to corner to make a triangle. Just wet the edges before folding and it will stick together.

MY REVIEW: These are pretty good... they're bite size which is nice. I made these mostly to throw in my lunch. Crispy and low fat! You could really put anything in there. The weight watchers one actually had ground chicken in it too.

JASON'S REVIEW: Spicy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment