Monday, September 28, 2009

Crockpot Chicken Curry



As always, my crock-pot creation does not look pretty! I found this highly rated recipe on the KRAFT website:
 
10 chicken thighs, skins removed (I used 6 and it was enough for 2 dinners and 2 lunches)
1 jar  (16 oz.)  Chunky Salsa
1 medium onion, chopped
2 Tbsp.  curry powder
1 cup Fat Free Sour Cream 
I added half a can of chickpeas too!
 
PLACE chicken in slow cooker. Combine salsa, onions and curry powder (chickpeas); pour over chicken. Cover with lid.
COOK on LOW for 8 to 10 hours (or on HIGH for 5 hours).
REMOVE chicken to serving platter; cover to keep warm. Add sour cream to slow cooker; stir until well blended. Serve over the chicken. (This step was done a little differently.... I always find chicken breaks apart in the slow cooker no matter what I do. Instead of trying to take it out, I just stirred the sour cream in with everything. It worked out just fine - there just wasn't any huge chunks of chicken)

JASON'S REVIEW: He's not home but he liked it.

MY REVIEW: This was very good and I would probably make it again. It's the most curry powder I've ever used in one recipe but the flavor was not too strong. We had it with nan bread and salad tonight but for lunches I made up some rice to go along with it. I always really hate warming up curry in the microwave at work because everyone says the taste lingers in there but THAT'S TOO BAD.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment