Monday, January 11, 2010

Tandoori Chicken, Cashew Green Beans & Stuffing


Tonight was chicken night so I made some very simple Tandoori Chicken using my Epicure spice.

 
On the jar, it suggests mixing some spice with plain yogurt so that's just what I did. I cooked it in the oven for about 1 hour at 350 and it was done to perfection.

To go with this, I made some Cashew Beans from my Jean Pare Rookie Cook Book:
 
I'm getting kind of lazy with the posting of recipes - it's so much easier to take a picture of the book! The only thing I did "different" was using red onions - it doesn't really specify but I assume it meant yellow or white.  Also, I mixed the cashews in at the same time as the beans so they were slightly toasted.

To round out the whole meal, I found this Stove Top Long Grain & Wild Rice package in the pantry:


I say "found" because I truly don't remember purchasing it. Regardless, they're fairly healthy and it took 4 minutes to make. It was a success.

On another note, look at these dishes I found at Safeway:

They were clearing them out for $1.99! If you're interested, they have lots at the north side location (118th ave & 82 street) and none at the Bonnie Doon location. As for all other locations, you're on your own. My picture isn't the greatest but it's a really beautiful blue and the birds are nice and bright - very cute in person.  

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that plate! and the food looks great too! hm, I really shouldn't look at your blog when I'm hungry...

    ReplyDelete