Saturday, January 10, 2009

Homemade Granola


We bought some 0% fat, all natural ingredient yogurt on our last shopping trip. I'm sure that it's SUPER good for you but honestly it does not taste that good. It needed a little something so I made some granola to mix into it. A google search brought me to this page. I had just about everything it called for so I gave it a shot! It turned out very tasty. Here's what I put in mine:


MIX
4cups oatmeal
3/4cups walnut pieces
1/2cup almond halves
1/2tsp salt

MIX (in seperate bowl)
1/2cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4cup canola oil

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, then put the mixture on a cookie sheet and place in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, stir with a spatula and place back in the oven for another 10 minutes or until it starts to get a little brown and sort of dry. Remove from the oven.

MIX IN:
3/4 cups raisins
1/4 cup dried cranberries

I put 2 jars in the freezer and kept one out on the counter. After making Jason a little sample, he went back to the pan 3 times to add more granola to his yogurt so I think it was a hit. You could pretty much add any kind of nut or seed you have in the pantry.

MY REVIEW: I loved it. Will definetly make again once I'm out but try adding some sunflower seeds and a different dried fruit next time.

JASONS REVIEW: 5 out of 5 nuts. He liked it hot out of the oven in the "cold creamy yogurto" (???)

No comments:

Post a Comment