Friday, January 30, 2009

Mini Chicken Quiche


I was looking up Bento Lunch Boxes last night on the Internet... so many great ideas out there! I found this idea for mini-quiches that are easily frozen for lunches and gave it a shot tonight:

1-2 cups diced ham or chicken or meat of your choice (i used some frozen/cooked chicken)
8oz shredded cheese of your choice (we only had marble)
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup Bisquick or similar baking mix

Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray.
Cover the bottom of each cup with meat, then sprinkle cheese on top of that (maybe a couple of teaspoons of each).
In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk and baking mix till the lumps are gone, you may want to use an electric mixer here.
Pour a little of the egg mixture over the meat/cheese mixtures till the muffin cup is filled almost to the top.
Bake 400 for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

MY REVIEW: I made two sizes... super mini and normal mini. The super mini's turned out a lot better for some reason. The big ones just didn't stay together. I'm not giving up on this yet though. I think I didn't leave them in the oven for long enough. Tasted good and it will be nice to have something in the freezer when we're scrounging together lunches by Friday.

JASON'S REVIEW: He thought it was good. I'm going to try ham tomorrow so he's looking forward to that. He said "it hit the spot" even though I know he's lying because he already had the quarter chicken meal tonight at Swiss Chalet... how could MORE chicken hit the spot??


**** EDIT: I tried some ham and swiss quiches but this time used my new single silicone muffin containers and they turned out much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment