Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Monte Cristo Sandwich


This isn't really healthy... or vegetarian... or organic. There was only enough left overs for me so I had to make Jason something since he was skiing. We got a loaf of bread at Save-On only so we could try the automatic bread slicer and it totally destroyed the loaf. That OR there was a gigantic air bubble throughout the entire middle of this loaf. Regardless, we have a pretty weak loaf of bread so I wanted to make a squishy type grilled sandwich. I had heard of the Monte Cristo sandwich and after a little research came up with this for Jason:

4slices of bread
4slices of ham
sliced marble cheddar
1 egg
1/2tsp mustard
1tbsp milk

Butter the slices of bread on one side. On 2 of the slices, put a slice of ham, some cheese, and another slice of ham. Top with the other 2 slices. Smoosh it together. Beat the egg, milk and mustard together in a shallow dish. Dip the sandwhiches in, coating them on both sides. Put the sandwiches in a frying pan until nicely brown on both sides.

MY REVIEW: It smelled good

JASONS REVIEW: The sandwich was delicious. He wishes he had another. "It was like a summer day on my tongue full of fancy free and good times and pork and cheese and by fancy free I mean pork and by good times I mean delicious melted cheese."

I told Jason to make his reviews a little more in depth and he took it to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment