Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sweet Potato Fries & Spinach Salad


Nothing too exotic today. I didn't really try any new recipes but was just happy to have something decent to eat. The past few nights have consisted of macaroni and being-too-tired-to-eat. I did learn one thing about sweet potato fries however! Last time I made them, the sweet potato was pretty large so I cut it all up into little fries but put half in the freezer. That's what I used today. Definitely not as good as when you just pop them in the oven fresh. Will search for a smaller potato next time! They were soggy - we like them a little bit crispy. I just tossed them in a little olive oil and but some chili powder and garlic powder on them. I like them better in the summer when I can put my fresh herbs on them. Then I was really craving salmon so I stopped to get some for myself after the gym and picked up an apple/chicken sausage for Jason. If anyone has any suggestions on how to make a sausage look artistic on a plate, I'm all ears.

I don't know if I'll get around to it tonight or perhaps sometime this weekend but I want to try to make some energy bars. Jason has enrolled in the Birkebeiner and will be doing a lot of training for the next month. I wanted to make either bars, or balls and wrap them individually in the freezer so he's got something to throw in his bag. I think I have found a pretty simple (no cook) recipe that I'll try. That's my next mission.

MY REVIEW: I never take a good picture of the food because I'm always so hungry by the time I get the camera out. (The whole post was my review!)

JASONS REVIEW: It was good. 4 out 5. He liked the chicken sausage which I, of course, had nothing to do with!

No comments:

Post a Comment