Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chai Tea Concentrate

Much like the samosa recipe, I just read a whole bunch of different methods for making chai concentrate and made my own recipe!

1 can low fat sweetened condensed milk
1tsp ground cardamom (i only had the little seeds so i crushed them and it worked ok. ground would be easier of course)
1tsp ground ginger
1/2tsp cinamon
1/2tsp ground cloves
1/2tsp nutmeg

Mix everything together thoroughly and put in a jar in the fridge overnight. When you're ready for a mug, make some black tea (or whatever kind you want) and put a tsp in your mug. When I say teaspoon, I just stuck the teaspoon in the jar and whatever stuck to it, ended up in my mug. It's kind of the consistency of honey.

As for how long you can keep it in the fridge, I found some conflicting advice on the internet. I guess just keep using it until it tastes gross? Could be a week... could be 3 months. I will post further once I discover the magical date.

MY REVIEW: This is so good! I got really addicted to the skinny chai latte at Second Cup but even when it's made with skim milk, it has a lot of calories. Plus you can't roll up the rim at Second Cup so I kicked that habit. I now drink atleast 2 mugs of green tea a day and will try to make a green tea chai latte next time! Anyways, this tastes very similar to Second Cup. And on a second note - I have rolled up the rim 17 times and have yet to win anything.

JASON'S REVIEW: He won't try it because he's scared of ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment