Thursday, May 21, 2009

In-A-Hurry Chicken Curry


Another recipe from the Jean Carper book:

1 1/2tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces (I used two so we'd get 2 dinners and 2 lunches)
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 1/2tbsp curry powder
2tsp cornstarch
1 cup fat free chicken broth (I used 1 1/2 cups for no particular reason)
1/4 cup dried cherries or raisins (I used raisins)
1cup drained pineapple chunks
hot red pepper flakes

Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add chicken and onion; saute for 3 minutes. Add curry powder, stir to coat chicken, and saute for 2 minutes. Blend cornstarch into chicken broth and add to skillet. Add raisins and heat until sauce bubbles. Add pineapple and pepper flakes. Simmer until pineapple is heated through and raisins are soft. Serve with brown rice (if you're some sort of genius who knows how to cook brown rice... if not, try couscous like I did).

MY REVIEW: Finally something I would cook again! This was great exactly as written and I wouldn't change anything. Just the right amount of curry and spice and the pineapple was so good in there. 2 thumbs up for sure. I served it with couscous and some steamed spinach and carrots.

JASON'S REVIEW: It was really good and I felt ethnic.

READER QUESTION: How can my jar of pickles say that there are 0 calories in a pickle? Jason says it's a typo and there has to be calories. They're such great pickles too. Can everyone reading this go and check their pickle containers??

No comments:

Post a Comment