Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Spaghetti & Tofu in Spicy Peanut Sauce


Another new recipe from the same book as yesterday. I have one more to try from this book tomorrow before I give it back to the library.

4cups cook whole-grain spaghetti
1cup carrots, cut into matchsticks (I'm sure I didn't have a cup... it felt like I was cutting tiny carrots for HOURS though)
8ounces firm tofu, cubed (I prefer crumbled over cubed... and it was EXTRA firm)
1/3cup thinly sliced green onions
1/4cup chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts (I didn't have these but I regret it)

SPICY PEANUT SAUCE (which was not spicy)
1/3cup smooth peanut butter
1/3cup reduced sodium chicken broth (or no-sodium homemade-style)
1tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
1tbsp grated fresh ginger
1tsp hot red pepper flakes
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2tbsp orange marmalade (I had none of this so I put the juice and zest from 1 orange in the mix)

In a large bowl, combine spicy peanut sauce ingredients. Add spaghetti, carrots and tofu. Toss to coat with sauce. Sprinkle with green onions and peanuts (seriously buy peanuts).

MY REVIEW: This was pretty good.. it made so much that I have to freeze it for next week though! Peanuts would have been excellent on this. It needed that little crunch. It was really smooth tasting though... if you know what I mean?

JASON'S REVIEW: I really liked it. I think I'm going to die* (not related to the food).

*Jason is no longer an advanced rider on his team but an EXPERT rider. He's tired tonight.. to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment