Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Spinach Chickpea Curry


Tonights meal SOUNDED really great but in reality it was mediocre. I got it from this book:


1tbsp canola oil (I used olive)
1tbsp curry powder
1cup chopped yellow onion
2 gloves garlic, crushed
1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
1 can tomato sauce
1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
1 cup chicken broth
salt & pepper (I didn't put salt in)
crushed red pepper flakes

In a large skilled, combine oil, curry powder, onions and garlic; saute for about 5 minutes. Add spinach, tomato sauce and 1 cup of the chickpeas. In a blender, puree remaining chickpeas with broth. Add to vegetables. Simmer until heated through, about 10 minutes. Stir in seasonings.

MY REVIEW: This was ok... I don't know if I'd make it again. I will eat it again however because it made LOTS. And what's the deal with brown rice? Not even my rice cooker can cook it properly. I'd serve it with couscous if I could turn back time.

JASON'S REVIEW: It filled me up. 2 thumbs up. (Jason just says whatever)

JASON WAS THE 1000th PERSON TO VIEW MY BLOG!! OR MAYBE IT'S BEEN VIEWED 1000 TIMES BY THE SAME PEOPLE! I DON'T KNOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment