Monday, May 18, 2009

Chunky Tomato Soup


I got this recipe from a "Womans Day" cookbook at the library... lame name, good recipes.

2tsp margerine
3/4cup chopped onions
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can homemade chicken broth
3tbsp tomato paste
dill (I didn't have fresh sadly.. soon though!)

1. Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in onions; cover and cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes until tender.
2. Add tomatoes (including liquid), broth and tomato paste; bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir in dill.

We honestly didn't try even a spoon full of this yet! It's for tomorrows lunch along with spinach salad. It smelled AND looked good if that's any indication. Even though I used reduced sodium versions of the canned goods, I imagine this is still pretty high in sodium. It was super easy and quick to make however and that's exactly what I needed. I'll review it tomorrow and hopefully have something new to post as we have run out of my birthday leftovers!!

**UPDATE: This soup is very bland. You need to get creative with some spices or something. It just tastes like tomatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment