Thursday, May 7, 2009

Vegetable Orzo

I made the turkey from last week (2 weeks ago? who knows). It was delicious as I knew it would be. I tried a new recipe to go along with it. I found a great recipe to follow on Recipe Zaar . I didn't follow it exactly so I'll just write it up as I made it:


3 cups homemade chicken broth
1 1/2 cups dried orzo pasta
1tbsp margerine
1 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 medium shallot chopped
3 big mushrooms, chopped
some cut up asparagus
1 small zucchini, chopped
1 fresh garlic clove, finely minced
fresh spinach (a generous handful)
salt and pepper
1/2 fresh lemon


So first I sauteed all the veggies (minus spinach) in the margarine until they were soft. As I was doing that, I had the orzo and chicken broth bubbling away. I didn't have to drain it which was done. All the flavor was sucked in. I mixed the orzo and vegetables together, added a squirt of lemon. This is when I threw in the spinach and the steam from the mixture helped wilt them. Then I ATE IT and it was great.

MY REVIEW: This was dee-licious. Good thing it made tonnes so there's plenty for lunches and dinner again tomorrow!

JASON'S REVIEW: He's not home yet - check back for an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment