Sunday, June 14, 2009

Spaghetti & Meatball Cupcakes and Garden Update



I can post the details if anyone's interested! Basically, it's piped vanilla frosting from a can (a little yellow food coloring and cocoa added for a better color) and ferrera roche chocolates rolled in strawberry jam. I grated some white chocolate on top for that parmasean effect and voila! Spaghetti and meatballs. Don't mind the toothpicks. I was just getting ready to cover them when I realized I didn't have a picture.


Our grass! We had to borrow a lawn mower for the first mow as our little real mower couldn't handle the jungle that was growing back there.
Almost everything is coming up now (even a potato!) but I'm probably most excited about the swiss chard. This stuff looked like a little wilting weed when it was first planted but made such a huge comeback.
Strawberries are doing great.. feeding both us and the family of blue jays that live in our backyard.
The container of lettuce is almost ready to lend itself to a salad as well. Now all we need is some rain!

1 comment:

  1. The cupcakes are so cute! Great idea with them.
    And that's exciting to see so much growing. This is my first year with a veggie garden, and it excites me every time I walk out to pick something from it.

    ReplyDelete