Thursday, September 24, 2009

Chicken... Smash?


I don't know what to call this and I don't know where it came from. I do remember when I first made this though. It was right inbetween Christmas and New Years Eve last year because I remember being in Canmore, talking about this meal, and wishing we brought the leftovers. It was found on the internet somewhere but I just have it written out on a piece of paper. If I could give credit to the wonderful creator of this recipe, I would! It's a great way to use leftover chicken, or even cooked chicken in the freezer, which is what I did tonight. Here's the recipe:

2 chicken breasts cubes (I used some frozen chicken pieces in the freezer, approx. 2 cups?)
4 cups cooked rice
1/3cup white wine (plus a glass to drink)
1 can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
black pepper
garlic salt (i used powder)
poultry seasoning (epicure!)



*see notes for variations

Brown chicken in large pan. Add in cooked rice and "fry" together. Season with black pepper, garlic salt and poultry seasoning. Add in wine, letting it cook off. Add soup and heat through. *Add in varations if desired and heat through. Serve warm.


*The creator of this recipe saud they used shredded cheese and mushrooms at this point but really any variety of vegetables would work. I chose to use some frozen brocoli, carrot and cauliflower mix I had plus a few bits of cheese.

JASON'S REVIEW: Jason is currently riding his bike but I know he will eat this and enjoy this. I will post again if for SOME REASON he doesn't.

MY REVIEW: This was very filling and tasty. It doesn't look pretty but it delivers in taste. Lots and lots of leftovers for lunch tomorrow too, which I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment