Monday, October 5, 2009

Chicken and Orzo

So I noticed a particularly boring (for you) trend in my cooking lately. I have been using my own blog as a source for recipes. It may look like I haven't been cooking at all recently, but really I've just been coming on here to find something I can make for dinner!

To jump start the search for some new recipes, I asked Jason what he would like to eat for dinner this week. Anything. The most exotic thing he's always wanted to try. I told him to imagine he was at a fancy restaurant and could have anything he wanted. His response? Pasta. As I couldn't come up with anything better on my own, I went to the library and took out Company's Coming 'Low Fat Pasta'.


This evening, I tried Chicken And Orzo:


Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced paper thin (I used 2 and I don't think I have the proper equipment to cut raw chicken PAPER thin but I did my best without another trip to the emergency room)
2 garlic cloves, minced (I didn't have any! I sprinkled a bit of garlic powder in the mix though)
1tsp olive oil
284mL condensed chicken broth (I just sprinkled some chicken broth powder I have in some water)
1cup water
1tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 medium carrot, cut julienne
1cup uncooked orzo
1 small zucchini, cut julienne
1 medium red pepper, sliced (You know how I feel about red peppers. I used orange instead)

Stir fry chicken and garlic in oil in large nin-stick skillet or wok for 5 minutes until chicken is almost cooked. Add next 5 ingredients. Cover. Simmer for 10 minutes Stir in zucchini and red (orange) pepper. Cover. Cook for 5 minutes until pasta is tender and liquid is absorbed.

JASON'S REVIEW: It tickled from my tummy down to my toes (??). It was also tasty.

MY REVIEW: This was great! Made just enough for 2 lunches and 2 dinners. Would make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment