Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Mini Chocolate Cheese Cupcakes


So after I say farewell for the year, I end up making these adorable little cupcakes. I hope you've been checking back or you might miss something good! I made these for my potluck lunch at work tomorrow. I can't remember where I got this specific recipe but there's lots of similar ones on the internet. They are commonly referred to as "Black Bottom Cupcakes" as well. Here's how I did it:

Topping
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 c. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1 (6 oz.) pkg. mini chocolate chips (I didn't have any of these, but I had some little skor chip things and they worked)

Cake
1 1/2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. Hershey's cocoa (Superstore brand seemed to work just fine)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. water
1/2 c. cooking oil
1 tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix topping ingredients together; set aside.

Blend all cake ingredients together. Fill cups 1/2 full with cake batter; add 1/2 teaspoon topping (I used a toothpick at this point to swirl around the topping). Bake at 350 degrees about 15 to 18 minutes. Makes about 60 (made about 45 for me) cupcakes. Use the petite sized paper cups in the mini muffin tins.


 It's like a little cheesecake baked into a cupcake! 

NOTE: Two things I wanted to mention, these taste kind of gross when they first come out of the oven.. like hot cheese. Once they cool, or better yet, have been in the fridge for a while they taste MUCH better. Also, I used my hand mixer for the first time making these! My wrist was in heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment