Friday, April 30, 2010

French Onion Soup

I did not cook this but I have to share it with you. Last Sunday my mom whipped these out of the freezer and I've been thinking about it ever since. I can't really say I've ever been a huge fan of french onion soup and when I really think about it I'm pretty sure I've only had it once before. These frozen little portions of soup from M&M's are to die for! Since this week seemed to be excruciatingly busy and long I decided to pick up two of these on my way home from work. Here we have Jason demonstrating the size of the frozen package:
So all you do is unwrap the frozen hunk of soup and place it (cheese up) in an oven proof bowl. It looked kind of funny just sitting there:
Now you let it melt away in the oven and fill your house with the wonderful smell of onions and cheese.
It was a long 40 minutes waiting for these to finish. Honey kept me entertained (or maybe it was the other way around):
Here we have the finished product! It was so very hard not to dive right in and burn my mouth but you do need to give it a good 5-10 minutes to cool down.
Jason gave it an 8/10 because it was so salty. He then changed it to a 9/10 because he decided he liked the fact it was so salty. It did get me thinking though. Number one, could I make my own low sodium french onion soup? Number two, how easy would it be to freeze my own homemade soup in single serving size mold? I could just bring a little soup hunk out whenever I wanted to and throw it in the oven. 

Anyways, this soup is definitely worth trying in our opinion. They did have other flavors but those didn't have the token melty cheese of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment