Friday, May 28, 2010

Cornbread

Last night we had hot dogs and grapes for dinner.
Hot dogs.
Grapes.
On a plate. 

I didn't think you'd want to see pictures of that.  Tonight - not as eclectic I suppose but I put a little more effort into it.
My mom makes a fabulous cornbread quite often with a recipe from Companys Coming.  She wrote it down for me and I made it for the first time tonight to go with some chili:
Cornbread
1 1/4cup flour
3/4cup cornmeal
2tbsp sugar
1tbsp baking powder
1tsp salt
1/4cup margerine
7/8cup milk (200mL)
Addition: My mom usually adds dried jalapeno flakes for a little spice and I added some foccacia spice mix from Epicure to mine. 
Measure all ingredients into bowl. Beat with spoon (or shiny red kitchenaid mixer) until blended. Turn into greased 8" round layer pan. Bake at 400F for about 20-25 minutes. Freezes well. Cut into 8 or 12 wedges.

MY REVIEW: This was pretty easy to put together! Turned out a little flatter than my moms but I'll work on it. I put half in the freezer to see just how well it freezes too. Great flavor though and it came out of the pan in lovely little perfect triangles.

JASON'S REVIEW: It was very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment