Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Black Bean Quesadilla

After a horrible visit to the dentist, which will be followed by 2 more increasingly horrible (and painful) visits, I was in no mood for cooking. I had a big fancy recipe I wanted to try tonight but I think I will save that for tomorrow. Instead, I mixed some diced tomatoes with my epicure salsa spice....

... then mixed some black beans in with that. I spooned the mixture onto a whole wheat tortilla, sprinkled with low fat cheddar, folded and then put in the oven at 400F. I left them in for about 5 minutes per side. We didn't have any sour cream, so we used some Jalapeno Cheddar vegetable dip (also from Epicure) instead.

And then we had popcorn for dessert!

JASON'S REVIEW:
They were spicy and really hit the spot.

MY REVIEW: I will have to agree with Jason. Not much else to say about this weak dinner! Epicure saved the day.

3 comments:

  1. i love italian-spanish inspired cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg Sounds amazing! Where can I get this Epicure stuff! I am always so tired when I get home and usually end up eating junk food! MMM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmella - Epicure is kind of like the food industries version of Avon! You can have buying/sampling parties at your house and the host gets gift and special deals. My mom had one a few months ago which is why I have so much of it. You can buy stuff through their website as well which is:

    http://www.epicureselections.com/Products/

    It's all natural and they even have salt-free spices.

    I don't work for them - honest! I just really like their products :)

    ReplyDelete