Monday, July 13, 2009

Indian Meal (kind of) and Herbed Cherry Tomoatoes!


When my dad is out of town for work, we (my mom, Jason and I) have decided that we will go out to eat the foods my dad doesn't like! Last time, we had Mexican as he hates cilantro. The next on the list was Indian food because he doesn't like curry. As we have eaten out quite a bit in the last week, I decided to make this evenings meal at home. It's not really authentic Indian.. infact it's slightly Italian.. but it was good! Definitely better for us too.

The curry was made from a recipe I had in another post and nothing was changed. The chickpeas were also from a previous post with a few changes. Instead of using curry powder, I used garam masala and cumin. As well, I switched out the spinach for fresh kale from the garden.

I found the tomato recipe in the same Weight Watchers book as last post. Jason actually prepared this part of the meal! Here's the recipe for Herbed Cherry Tomatoes he used:

2pints cherry tomatoes
1tsp olive oil
2 garlic gloves, minced
1tsp sugar
1tbsp chopped fresh basil
1tsp chopped fresh oregano
1/4tsp dried rosemary (use fresh if you have it)
1/8tsp dried thyme (use fresh if you have it)
3/4tsp salt
1/4tsp freshly ground black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray shallow roasting pan with nonstick spray
2. Combine tomatoes and oil in large bowl; toss well. Spray lightly with nonstick spray and toss to coat. Add the garlic, sugar, basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Transfer to roasting pan.
3. Roast until the tomatoes just begin to soften and crack, 8-10 minutes.

JASON'S REVIEW: He's in the bathroom and I don't want to wait but he ate it all and said it was "very good" at the time. I imagine that's what he would want to put here.

MY REVIEW: I really liked everything. You could put any herb on the tomato really and they come out so bright! Really added a little color to a kind of bland looking plate. The curry and chickpeas were good and I probably like the kale better than spinach. It's got a good texture in this dish.

1 comment:

  1. RICE---beautifully served, molded witha sprig of fresh parsley
    CHICKPEAS---mmmm...with fresh picked home grown kale, full of antioxidants
    CURRIED CHICKEN---yummy, what a treat for me, great combined with pineapple and raisins
    BRAISED TOMATOES---delightful flavored with fresh herbs
    THE COMPANY--Priceless, as usual. I'm so lucky!

    ReplyDelete