Today I made home-made chicken fingers with a recipe found on the internet:
Seriously... clean off the counter and make some room. Do not underestimate the importance of this step. Perhaps print off a copy too so you're not constantly washing your hands so you can look at it on your iPhone. Just a thought :)
Ingredients (I halved this recipe)
4 Chicken Breasts
1 Cup Flour
1 1/2 Cups Bread Crumbs
1 Tbsp. Water
Red Pepper Flakes
6 Dashes of Hot Sauce
1. Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees.
2. Slice Chicken Breasts length-wise.
3. Flavor the flour with salt and pepper.
4. Add the hot sauce to the egg wash mixture as well as a tablespoon of water.
5. Season the bread crumbs with both red pepper flakes and paprika (you can omit these spices and add your favorites).
6. Dip Chicken in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture followed by the bread crumb mixture.
Quick tip when breading. Only use one hand to dip in the flour and egg wash and once you drop the chicken piece in the bread crumbs – use your other hand to scoop the bread crumbs over the chicken, then flip the piece over. This will ensure only one hand gets all messy.
7. Once all coated and lined on a cookie sheet with parchment paper – place on the middle rack and cook until golden brown (I bought some parchment paper from costco a while ago and used it for the first time tonight. It worked perfectly. I cooked mine at 400F, flipped them after 20 and cooked them for another 10)
MY REVIEW: I'm so pleased with how these turned out! They looked exactly like the pictures on the original blog every step of the way. They were both crunchy and moist with a little bit of heat. I'll have to get creative with the dipping sauce next time. They were VERY easy to make.. just make sure you have lots of room for all 3 bowls and you'll be fine. No need to buy chicken nuggets ever again!
JASON'S REVIEW: The best chicken fingers I have ever put in my mouth. I thank the flying spaghetti monster every day that Laurel is such an amazing cook (I don't know what this means either!).