Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Same old

I feel very guilty regarding my lack of posts lately. It's not that I haven't been cooking. Quite the opposite actually. We rarely eat out anymore as I'm learning to use the things we have in the pantry and freezer. The thing is I've been making the same things over and over again. Now that I've got a few solid recipes in my back pocket, I haven't been trying anything new and exciting. This evening for example I made Jason a rhubarb crisp. I did take some thrilling photos....
.... but I've already posted my crisp recipe so no need to revisit that. I also made him some perogies:
I just boiled until they floated! Give it a shot.

I have been using my homemade BBQ sauce on almost everything lately. It is phenomenal on salmon let me tell you! Our garden is starting to grow and I'm hoping that will encourage me to try more things and cook using fresh ingredients.

In the meantime, inspire me! Do you have any recipes to share? Anything you've been wanting to try but are afraid of (cooking crepes is my biggest culinary fear)? Give me some ideas and I promise to post pretty, pretty pictures for you.

In the meantime, if my blog is boring you please check out this blog which just amazes me every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment