This evening for dinner I tried another zucchini recipe that featured... you guessed it... asiago!
2 medium zucchini , sliced in half lengthwise (I used half of one monster zucchini and we still have leftovers)
2 -3 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup asiago cheese grated (parmesan will also work)
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper , to taste
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Score zucchinis, add a squeeze of lemon juice and add salt and pepper lightly. Let marinate for a few minutes.
- Add garlic bits to the olive oil.
- Brown both sides of zucchinis in the garlic and oil.
- Sprinkle asiago cheese on cut side of zucchinis and oven broil on a cookie sheet until cheese browns.
- Serve while warm.
JASON'S REVIEW: Epic taste. Crazy squeak. 10 stars.. out of 9.